Here are the list of Frequently Asked Question on us:
- What security requirements must my products fulfill?
- What do manufacturers need to do?
- What legal status do standards have?
- What is ‘presumption of conformity’?
- When is an installer a manufacturer?
What security requirements must my products fulfill?
Manufacturing companies should fulfill:
- pressure systems
- Private and electric protective gear
- Gear to be used in potentially explosive atmospheres
Before you bring a product this should be implemented first into use for the very first time, or before you can put it in the Australian marketplace.
What do manufacturers need to do?
- Layout and build a product that is safe.
- undertake the applicable conformity assessment process for this
merchandise (which, sometimes, demands the participation of a notified body).
- Supply user teachings, in the end user’s language.
What legal status do standards have?
In themselves, most standards simply provide guidance. It’s the applicable merchandise supply Directive’s essential conditions which should be satisfied in law. But where a manufacturing company declares with a transposed harmonised standard in the Declaration of Conformity conformity, its conditions must be met by producer.
What’s ‘assumption of conformity?
Producers must demonstrate how their specific product complies with all applicable essential requirements of the EU Directive(s) relating to it. This is achieved through conformity evaluation – that may entail a sophisticated and comprehensive evaluation as well as the set of critical evidence in a technical file.
When is an installer a manufacturing company?
Installers building machinery in SITU from components not provided and meant as an entire CE marked merchandise or users making and installing a machine for their particular use become the manufacturing company for the aims of the Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations, and possess the CE marking etc obligations to carry through as the Responsible Individual. In this case of powered big sophisticated machinery gates as well as for goods/passenger elevators which only exist as an entire merchandise after installed in an environment of use.